Pulmonary Rehabilitation involves the assessment, treatment, and proper medical care of patients suffering from cardiopulmonary disorders and other breathing diseases. Today, a great number of patients are requiring Pulmonary Rehab. The patients may range from premature infants to seniors who have different illnesses.
The pulmonary team works with patients who find breathing difficult. Breathing is essential for the exchange of oxygen in the body. A human being cannot live without the ability to breath. Most patients struggle to fight for breathing in an emotional and physical way, such struggle is truly exhausting.
The Pulmonary team at Las Cruces Comprehensive Rehabilitation is dedicated to providing a well-balanced and innovative pulmonary rehab experience. This experience contains a capnometer assessment, cardiovascular exercise, core strengthening, preventative care and case management.
WHAT WE DO
Today, there are a large number of people suffering from respiratory disorders such as COPD and asthma. As a result, Las Cruces Comprehensive Rehab has developed a team that specializes in pulmonary rehabilitation. The team consists of Physical Therapist, Physical Therapist Assistant, and a Respiratory Specialist who focuses on Capno-Training. Las Cruces Comprehensive Rehab is the only facility in Las Cruces to offer Capno-Training to patients.
WHAT IS PULMONARY REHAB?
- Pulmonary rehab focuses on improving the well being of people struggling with ongoing pulmonary issues and those struggling with chronic shortness of breath.
- Pulmonary rehab has many benefits including improvement of the quality of life and ability to function with daily activities. The program helps to relieve and reduce breathing issues in acute and chronic cases.
- Treatment includes:
- Capno-Training Evaluation
- Breathing Education on mechanics and physiology
- Education on pulmonary conditions and self-management
- Breathing strategies
- Exercise training
WHAT IS CAPNO-TRAINING?
Capno-Training is a software-operated CO2 analyzer for learning about breathing habits and their effects on physiological balance.
The Capno-Trainer is CO2 hardware for real-time continuous measurements of partial pressured carbon dioxide (PCO2), breathing rate, breathing pattern characteristics and heart rate variability.
Capno-Trainer assessments help patients to establish more efficient breathing patterns that help to improve relaxation, oxygenation, and over all energy levels. Respiration compromised by breathing habits learned may have immediate and long-term effects on a person’s overall well-being.
- Shortness of breath
- Cold hands/tingling/numbness
- Heart palpitations/fatigue/weakness
- Chronic pain/muscle tension/spasms/cramps
- Dizziness/decrease concentration/focus
IS PULMONARY REHAB RIGHT FOR ME?
- Are you experiencing increased shortness of breath?
- Were you diagnosed with a pulmonary dysfunction in the past or recently?
- Are you struggling to perform daily activities due to increase fatigue and or shortness of breath?
- Have you noticed a decrease in the quality of your life due to illness such as pneumonia, chronic bronchitis, COPD, or asthma?