Aquatic Therapy provides a relaxing and soothing environment for aching joints and muscles. Waters natural resistance is used for muscle strengthening and increasing the progress of rehabilitation. It also allows for flotation and reduces the strain of gravity on injured or aching joints and muscles.
Aquatic Therapy sessions will be directed by a registered physical therapist or a licensed physical therapy assistant. An individualized exercise program will be created according to the unique rehabilitation needs of each patient.
- Increased strength and endurance
- Improved circulation and flexibility
- Decrease stress on joints and muscles
- Improved balance and coordination
What conditions can aquatic therapy help you with?
- Total joint replacements
- Pulmonary conditions or cardiac disorders
- Sprains and Fractures
- Chronic Pain
- And much more!
Here at Las Cruces Comprehensive Rehabilitation we strive to provide not only excellent therapy and recovery but also an excellent facility. We are expecting our brand new aquatic therapy pool to be ready to open in August 2019! Because we strive for excellence in our facility our pool will be SALT WATER!
Some benefits of the salt water include:
- Great for the skin unlike chlorinated pools
- Better for the joints than chlorine pools
- Salt water has many stress relieving properties which allows the body to relax and can speed up the rehab process
- Easier to breath and less eye irritation than chlorinated water
If you are interested in participating in aquatic therapy please call us and we can explain how to get started!