What is Pulmonary/Respiratory Rehabilitation?
• Also called pulmonary rehab, it is a program that helps improve the well-being of people who have chronic (ongoing) breathing problems.
• Pulmonary Rehab doesn’t replace medical therapy. Instead, it’s used with medical therapy and may include:
• Exercise Training
• Education on your lung disease or condition and how to manage it
• Energy – Conserving techniques
• Breathing strategies
• When you start pulmonary rehab, your rehab team will create a plan that’s tailored to your abilities and needs. Pulmonary rehab has many benefits, it can improve your ability to function and your quality of life. The program also may help relieve your breathing problems. Even if you have advanced lung disease, you can still benefit from pulmonary rehab.